Insolvency and Restructuring:
Our expertise covers legal and commercial advice on matters including:
- The restructuring contemplated in Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Legal and regulatory options and potential benefits of restructuring.
- the liquidation process available to debtors under the legal, regulatory and policy framework, including the Companies Act, 2013 and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Contingency planning/ Pre-Insolvency/ Distress Advisory
- Negotiations with creditors for settlements and restructuring
- Negotiations / Arrangements with creditors and members
- Multi-lateral/ Bi-lateral Debt restructuring with lenders
- Distressed financing and re-schedulements
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancing
- Corporate Restructuring based on Mergers/Amalgamation/ Demergers/ Hive off/Take over/Acquisitions etc
- Financial Restructuring of Debts Reorganization through RBI circulars & Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code2016 (IBC 2016);
- Individual & Corporate Insolvency
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing relevant transaction documents, including applications, petitions and resolutions.
- Acting as Lawyers/Advisors to RP/COC/Liquidator and Representation before NCLT/NCLAT/High Courts and Supreme Court of India.
- Analysis of Resolution Plans in terms of compliance with provisions of IBC 2016.
- Formal insolvency/ liquidation / bankruptcy filing and conducting proceedings before the court (NCLT/DRT) under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code2016.
- Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) under the Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI).
- Enforcement of Security Interest
- Legal & Transactional Due Diligence
- Liquidations under IBC 2016 & Voluntary Liquidations
- Facility, Security and Credit Support Reviews for Lenders and Borrower Groups.